Tuesday, January 13, 2015

LIGHTS, CAMERA, BLAH: TWO THUMBS DOWN FOR TARTE

Hi everyone! I don't know about you, but I've been watching beauty videos on Youtube for about 2 years now and everyone who tries Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara raves about it! Considering all of this great feedback and my previous positive experiences with the brand, I've always wanted to try this mascara out for myself. So, when I opened my December Ipsy bag I was pleasantly surprised to find a sample size of Lights, Camera, Flashes inside!


Now, let me preface this review by saying this: I like high end mascaras and I don't have a problem with paying more for them because usually they are better quality than those you find at the drugstore. However, my experience with Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes was not on par with any high end mascara I've tried and definitely not on par with my favorite drugstore mascara Maybelline's Pumped Up Colossal. I've always struggled with finding a mascara that keeps my lashes curled, and that's why I love Pumped Up Colossal so much! It is the only mascara (high end or drugstore) that I've found personally that doesn't weigh my lashes down, and for that I'm eternally grateful. On that note, when I used Lights, Camera, Flashes I could tell right away that my lashes were droopy and heavy. Even though I curled my lashes before applying the mascara, my lashes were weighed down significantly and therefore had no curl whatsoever. Honestly, I was disappointed by this outcome because I was really looking forward to finally trying out this mascara that I've heard so many people rave about! Maybe my lashes are the problem and it's not the mascara's fault, but sadly I will not be using it again as the results were disastrous. The moral of this story? Sometimes more money doesn't mean better results...in this battle, drugstore is the winner! ;)

Have you tried Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes? What are your experiences with it? I'd really love to know, comment down below and tell me!

until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Never tried it I am the same as you though most mascaras I have tried weigh my lashes down apart from bourjois 1seconde . Great post. I think if something works for us it doesn't matter what brand it is . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! i use high end and drugstore products, but sometimes i find myself thinking that i'm better off saving my money with some products because there is usually a dupe for it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame about this mascara; but I've heard that most of Tarte's products are fairly formula-rich and therefore heavy - especially their Amazonian Clay products. Great review :)

    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs