Tuesday, March 10, 2015

MY 10 PERSONAL SUCCESSES

Hi everyone! Today's post is going to be a tad bit different because it is actually an assignment for the class I am taking at Disney called Creativity and Innovation. My teacher Ellen (hi ellen!) asked me and the rest of my class to highlight ten successes that we have experienced in our lifetime. Seeing as my blog is my creative outlet, I decided to post my ten successes on here for you all to see!

1. getting accepted into the disney college program


How could I leave this one out?! It has been a life-long dream of mine to work for Disney in some way or another, and getting accepted into this program is what made my dream come true! I worked my butt off to get to this point in my education and I am truly proud of all that I have accomplished.

2. graduating from high school


Woah, talk about a flashback! I never doubted for a second that I would graduate from high school (clearly, i'm a nerd) but it was a big deal considering the fact that I went to school for 13 years before I could do it!

3. getting accepted into college(s)


Psych! I didn't even get into this college (UCLA) but I wish I did...isn't it beautiful? I got accepted into three other colleges though, so not all hope was lost!

4. surviving my move across the united states

I don't have a picture for this one because at the time of the move I had no desire to document it. I didn't even want to acknowledge that it was happening. I had to leave the place that I loved, my long-time friends, my boyfriend at the time and his family. It was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. The successes that I have experienced as a result of my move by far outweigh the hardships I faced during that difficult time. Like...

5. studying abroad in england


need i say more?

6. being in a successful long distance relationship


We met in a slightly non ideal situation (i was leaving england approximately a month and a half after we met) and we are currently in a non ideal situation (mike lives in england, i live in america) however we make it work! And that in itself is a triumph. Or so I've been told by the dozens of people that have told me that they could never do it!

7. distinguished community service award

In high school I completed over 250 hours of community service in a variety of places! Volunteering at my local SPCA was definitely my favorite :)

8. sticking with french all four years of high school

I loved my French teacher and I feel like that was part of the reason why I stuck with it for so long! I don't think French has been too useful in my life just yet, however I did speak it when I went to France much to the dismay of the Parisians I encountered...

9. changing my major halfway through college

I wish I would have chosen English from the beginning but I guess it took me a while to realize that it was always the right path for me. Ever since I changed my major I have felt more confident in myself and my schoolwork.

10. starting this blog


As I have said before, I started this blog as a way to keep myself busy while Mike and I were apart. Of course, I also started this blog because I have a passion for writing and a love of beauty and fashion among many other things. I would consider Essentially Shannon to be a success and I only hope that it will continue to grow!

What are some of your personal successes? Let me know in the comments down below!

until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs